Tuesday 10 May 2011

Music Mecca

Just left Vancouver on the 06:40 train and heading to Seattle, a music Mecca and home to Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. By the way, Vancouver is amazing (and I can’t blame them for Nickelback :P) and the whole city was in great spirits after the Canucks went through the semi finals of NHL after winning the series against Nashville Cougars – GO CANUCKS GO! Canadians are really hospitable and welcoming, produce amazing pale ale and inspire a rock attitude in everything – all Canadians look very “alternative” and I really envied that as UK people are more “current-trenders”.

I can’t wait to visit the city that gave birth to grunge rock music in the early 90s. You can’t help but thinking what would have happened if Nirvana where still around. Would the genre still be this popular? Or would it fade like everything else did? Maybe the mystery of this makes it all exciting – an unfinished story if you’d like. Sitting on the train, I chose to listen nothing else but grunge today getting to the Seattle mood in good time for our arrival there.  Top 4 of grunge songs I would recommend to anybody:

  1. Blow the outside world – Soundgarden
  2. Been a son – Nirvana
  3. Alive – Pearl Jam
  4. Plush – Stone Temple Pilots (San Diego band, a city I will visit soon, but still amazing grunge sound)


A good friend from Canada recommended something called the Experience Music Project in Seattle and I’m sure I’ll definitely check it out, and also an “obligatory” visit to the local Hard Rock cafe is a must for a music memorabilia viewing.

Seattle, here I come!


2 comments:

  1. Seattle is just fucking great!!! Go to the EMP!!! The best "museum" in the whole world!!!! Awesome!!!!! I could live up there, happily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did man! What an AWESOME experience! That is exactly what I said too "I wish I was here at 09:00 when they opened"...they had to send us out at the end (17:00). I'll upload photos at some point, either here or FB. Greetings to your ladies, dude \m/ \m/

    ReplyDelete