Tuesday 31 May 2011

Experience Music Project - Seattle, Washington

About three weeks ago I had the chance, luck and honour to visit the Experience Music Project in Seattle, the best music museum in the world!


Music instruments tree, greeting you as you enter EMP
What made the experience even better was the fact that the current exhibition was about Nirvana and how they brought punk into the mainstream. From exclusive videos, broken instruments, clothing memorabilia, even to tour equipment such as stage-show background and amps.


Guitar and shirt worn on "smells like teen spirit" videoclip
I could definitely live in that place :)
After spending hours checking the exhibition material and memorabilia I went onto the second where you literally experience music. Several studio rooms equipped with guitars, basses, drums, keyboards and microphones. I was lucky enough to go there on a weekday and the place was not packed so I got to enjoy everything for hours...I ended up spending the whole day there!!!
Bass and guitar used @ "unplugged! album
I just wish we had something similar here in the UK. They could have one in Brum with exhibitions about Sabbath and Priest, in Manchester about Stone Roses and Oasis, In Cambridge about Pink Floyd, in London about so many other bands...come on UK, you can do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment