Monday 18 April 2011

The perfect soundtrack to a morning 5K run...

...at least for me J

Well, first of all it depends on the pace so I’m talking about a quick 20 to 25-minute 5K run...and you need decent headphones otherwise you will be trying to fix them back on every other minute. And when I say “quick” it’s all relative in the end – just check (listen to) the tracks I have in mind.

To start with I choose “Links 2 3 4” from Rammstein. It will give you a good rhythm and rapid pace, and it will wake you up on those early cold mornings (you can count on that). Once you pick up the pace (remember to inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth), I continue with “Push it” from Static X, to keep you on your toes while enjoying the screams of the weirdest looking frontman in music. Then carry on (not with “..my wayward son” :P) with “BYOB” from System of A Down and "Surfacing" from Slipknot, to go through the first 10-12 minutes of your run faster than you would have expected.

Just imagine you are half way through so the next tracks must keep you both interested, excited and also retain your good rhythm. The next choice on the playlist must be from Pantera and it is “Fuc%ing Hostile” followed quickly by “Sanctuary” of Cavalera Conspiracy, and concluding with the classic “Angel of Death” from Slayer...if you haven’t finished your run by now I could add something closer to your pace, but still decent for a run, so “Run to the hills” from Bruce Maiden it is J

Now...breeeeeeeeeathe :P


2 comments:

  1. Could also use Running Free from Paul Maiden, Chop Suey while warming up (particularly the intro; great for jumping and stretching in the cold!!!), any QOTSA "fast" track and a classic rock anthem that every time I listen to I honestly want to start running: Fireball, by Deep Purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running Free & Run To The Hills are not ass fast as my playlist...QOTSA for sure and Chop Shuey yes but BYOB is perfect in this case I think. Thanks for the input V

    ReplyDelete